November 30, 2016
NC Policy Watch: “Barron McCollum received an official letter at 10 a.m. last week asking him to appear at a Forsyth County Board of Elections hearing at 9 a.m. that same day to defend his vote in the general election.
The 66-year-old Winston-Salem man had to call the local elections office twice before he received any information about what was going on, and what he actually got was scant: “Your case has been dismissed.”
McCollum had no idea what happened or why his vote was contested in the first place, but he said he was still relieved to hear he wasn’t in any sort of trouble.
“I was kind of wondering what went wrong, considering I had a voter ID,” he said. “But they didn’t talk to me about it. I was just hoping when she said it was dismissed, everything was OK.” “
To read the rest of this post, at NC Policy Watch, click here