This publication from the American Jail Association examines how jails across the United States are implementing the Supplemental Security Income and Social Security Disability Insurance Outreach, Access, and Recovery (SOAR) model, which is designed to help people who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness and have a serious mental illness with access to Social Security Administration disability benefits. …
Category: Social security
- By ricm1 in funding opportunities, funding opportunity, homelessness, SAMHSA, SOAR, Social security, Social Security Disability Insurance, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Supplemental Security Income, technical assistance
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access and Recovery (SOAR) Technical Assistance Center is seeking applications from criminal justice agencies and institutions that have not yet participated in the federally sponsored SOAR Technical Assistance Program, which helps states and localities to expedite access to the Social Security Administration’s disability programs for people who …
News Coverage of 2019 Lobby Day
CSI In the News!
See what CSI was up to at the NC Reentry Summit on March 11.
View the Video
- [Register for Webinar] Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities: 10 Tips Law Enforcement Officers Need to Know
- [Apply Now] Evaluation of Juvenile Corrections Executive Leadership Training
- [Apply Now] Rural Jails Research & Policy Network
- [Apply Now] Mental and Substance Use Disorders Prevalence Study
- A Second Chance: Prisoners Thrive in Program Designed to Open up Job Opportunities